Monday, November 06, 2006

Flying to Kathmandu ( 3 Oct 2006 )

On 3rd of Oct, I arrived at KLIA on 6.30am to meet with my friends. We took off at 8.25am to Bangkok and transferred to Kathmandu from Bangkok Airport. By 12.35pm local time, we arrived at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. The time difference between Malaysia and Nepal is 2.25 hours. Before that, I always had a feeling that Nepal is far away. Maybe because of the 24 days vacation that is hard to materialize, Nepal seems far away for me. But geographically, it’s only half a day time, I had crossed the country boundaries and stepped in it.
We paid USD 30 for applying the visa at the airport. My friends had told me that not to get out from the airport gate until we can identify the person that picks us up. When I saw the crowds outside the gate, I can understand their concern. There are a lot of people, some are taxi drivers, some will offer to carry the luggage for you, offer accommodation etc. We saw the signboard “Unique Path Trekking” and met our contact person – Hari.

We transferred to Thamel and checked in Hotel Kathmandu View. After we settled the payment at Hari’s office, we went for dinner. There are a lot of shops selling trekking gear at Thamel. We were attracted by these shops and spent the night for shopping. I bought a rain cover for my bag. The rain cover could cover the whole bag and only cost USD 3.5.
Early October, the weather is warm. No air-con and no fan in the hotel room, but luckily at night it was not that hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment