Friday, September 22, 2006

Nepal Everest Base Camp ( Before Departure )




In less than a week time, I will be leaving for Nepal and starts the journey to Everest Base Camp. The group consists of 9 persons including me.

Foung Yee is our lead. She might not want to be label as "leader" as she think everybody is playing a role in this trip. But she did contributes alot from information gathering, route determination, flight booking, insurance to porter/guide hiring.

Hai Poh translated the information from English to Chinese version and prepared booklet for all of us during our last EBC member meeting. Kok Yuen and Peng Meng had trekked Annapurna Base Camp and Annapurna Circuit before. They shared their experience during their previous trip and it's indeed useful for our budget planning. SuiJing helped to prepare the first aid kit. What have I done for the group? Well.....my job starts when then the journey starts . I will be the treasury, record and control the budget....(although I am not good at numbers :p).

We are originated from different hometown, work in different places - Selangor, Mantin, Melaka, Johor and Singapore, but with one objective, all of us will be gathered at KLIA on 3rd Oct and fly off to the capital city of Nepal - Kathmandu.

We will be trekking at the Everest Region, we choose Everest Base Camp Cross Chola-la Gokyo Trek.

Summarization of our trek : Lukla -> Namche Bazaar -> Tengboche -> Dingbuche -> Day trip to Chhukung Valley and back to Dingbuche -> Lobuche -> Gorak Shep -> Kalapathar and back to Gorak Shep -> Everest Base Camp and back to Gorak Shep -> Zongla -> Chola-pass -> Thagna -> Gokyo ->Gokyo Ri and back to camp -> Dole -> Namche Bazaar -> Lukla

The places above sounds unfamiliar to me at the moment but I will know how they looks like very soon.

I was sick for the past few days and I hope I am able to fully recovered before departure. Hopefully I am able to complete the route.

1 comment: