Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mt. Kajang at Tioman Island (29th Apr -1 May 2006)

It's a long weekend due to the labour day holiday. I joined the Gunung Kajang hiking trip. Gunung Kajang is located at Tioman Island. I got a surprise when I found out that Siew Ling and Quek are joining the gangs to Tioman. So, altogether we have 14 persons took the 6.30pm ferry to Tioman Island. 10 persons including me hike up the Gunung Kajang on the next day and the others went for snorkelling and diving.

All accomodations fully booked. The owner of Tioman Paya Resort let us to camp at his resort. So, we set up the tents and camp overnight there. On Sunday, it took us about 6 hours to reach the peak. Along the way, we were busy with the leeches. The camp site is very small and there is no view to see at the camp site. But there is a special place at the top - a big and tall rock where we climbed up to have the view of the mountain and sea. Can't imagine ? Let's see the photos below.

-> This is the big rock that I mentioned.

-> Climbing up the rock.
-> View from the top of the big rock.









I had a good time with the hiking gangs and 3 of my best friends at Tioman Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment